Chateau de Meursault - Bourgogne Clos du Chateau blanc - 2016 - 1500 ml
Order by the case to get the best price
The Château de Meursault estate comprises 60 hectares of vines. It is one of the Côte de Beaune’s most richly endowed estates, indeed no less than 23 hectares of its holdings lie in Premier Cru and Grand Cru appellations. The estate’s origins go back to the 11th century. From 1666 it was owned by Pierre de Blancheton, a lawyer in the Burgundy Parliament, and it remained in his family until the Revolution. At the beginning of the 19th century the estate was enlarged, mainly thanks to the Serre family who made important modifications to the Château’s architecture and considerably developed the vineyards. After passing down through successive generations, it came into the hands of the Count of Moucheron, who left it to his eldest son, Étienne. At that time the estate was about a quarter of its size today. In 1973 André Boisseaux, founder of the Kriter Group, bought the Château and devoted a lot of energy and taste to its restoration. Finally in 2012 the estate was acquired by Olivier Halley, a wine lover who has always had a passionate conviction towards the greatness of Burgundy’s vineyards.
From: France, Burgundy, Cote de Beaune