Published 3 October 2018
1. What information do we collect about you?
We collect information one of the following ways:
- when you order through our website
- call, email or message us to order products/ wine for delivery
When ordering or registering on our website or signing up for our newsletter, you may be asked to enter your name and e-mail address.
2. What do we use your information for?
We use your information for the following purposes:
- To send out newsletters and emails to inform you of the latest company news and also any special promotions we have on our collection of wine
- To carry out our obligations and fulfil our contract of wine sales and sales of related accessories
- To administer your membership with our Black and Red Member programme. We also use your information to tailor our products and services to your preferences to provide the best service. In addition, we use your information to market our products and services to you.
3. How do we share information we collect?
Personal information we collect stays with The Vintage Club, other than in the following circumstances:when there is explicit consent from you to share your data;
- when we share it with our affiliated and group companies
- when we share it with our partners and other trusted organisations we work with to provide products and services to you;
- when we share it with trusted external service providers and data processors such as cloud storage and cloud software providers, customer support providers, data centres, web hosts, payment processors, accountants, insurers and debt collectors.
- when we share it with regulators and other relevant parties for the purpose of legal or contractual compliance, and reporting purposes.
- when we share it with prospective sellers or buyers of our business or assets
4. How do we protect your information?
We endeavour to protect your personal data by working only with trusted external service providers to ensure that your personal information is treated securely.
Although we aim to create a safe environment by limiting access only to legitimate users, we cannot guarantee that unauthorised persons will not gain access. We make every feasible effort to inform the Singapore Personal Data Protection Commission or other relevant authorities as soon as possible after the occurrence of any significant personal data breach.
5. How can I exercise my rights over my information?
Your rights include the following:
- Request for a copy of your personal data that is in our possession
- Request us to restrict processing your personal data or delete it
- Object to our continued processing f your personal data.
- Request for information about the ways in which your personal data has been used or disclosed by us within a year prior to the date of your request.
You can exercise these rights at any time by sending an email to email@example.com and we will respond to your request within a reasonable period after your request is made. We do not generally charge a fee for access to your personal data, however, should the process take an unreasonably long time to collate, we may charge a reasonable fee to recover the incremental costs of collating the information. We will, however, notify you before we move forward with your request.
You may also unsubscribe from our marketing communications by following the unsubscribe instructions location on the bottom of our emails.
6. How long do we retain your information for?
The length of time we retain your information depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it (for eg to continue to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
7. How will we notify you of changes?
8. International transfer of information
If you have any questions, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.